News & Insights
Amify Partners Report Stellar Prime Day Sales
Amazon had its biggest Prime Day ever in 2022, with US ecommerce sales hitting $12 billion from July 12-13. Worldwide, more than 300 million items were purchased for a total savings of over $1.7 billion.
At Amify, our partner brands had tremendous success on Prime Day as well, taking full advantage of the shopping event to acquire new customers and build loyalty with existing customers.
Today, we’ll provide a Prime Day recap so you can see just how impactful Prime Day can be for brands selling on Amazon.
Prime Day Numbers for Our Partner Brands
Amify is an Amazon partner — not an Amazon agency. From creating Amazon A+ content to preparing for Prime Day, we work directly and closely with brands selling on Amazon, ensuring they get the most out of the world’s most important marketplace.
This year on Prime Day, our brands saw the benefit of having a partner brand to manage Amazon operations. Compared to last Prime Day, our brands saw significant growth in most key metrics:
- Sessions: +12.69% YoY
- Ad Impressions: +45.46% YoY
- Total Revenue: +58.93% YoY
- Organic Revenue: +59.44% YoY
- Clicks: +33.25%
Advertising costs did increase from the last Prime Day for our partner brands:
- Ad Cost: +101.33%
- Cost Per Click: $2.02 (up from $1.34)
The result of advertising expense increases was a decrease in return on advertising spend (ROAS) of 28.37% (from 2.42 to 1.89). However, this decrease in ROAS is largely due to greater competition this Prime Day.
While the decrease in ROAS may have some wondering if it’s worth it to advertise on Prime Day, brands should consider the bigger picture of customer acquisition and retention.
Here’s our takeaway on advertising on Prime Day:
- Yes, it’s important to compete and advertise on Prime Day. Just look at those sales increases from previous Prime Days.
- Ad sales during Prime Day are a way to not only acquire new customers, but also to retain existing customers. After all, existing customers may opt for a competitor’s product if they see their ads instead of yours.
- Customers acquired on Prime Day can become loyal customers. Remember that repeat customers spend 67% more on average than new customers. Prime Day is your chance to cement relationships with new and existing customers. More loyal customers equate to more overall sales on Amazon.
Therefore, even with cost per click (CPC) increasing, selling and competing during Prime Day results in a positive ROI over the long run.
Making the Most of Prime Day & Amazon
The benefits of acquiring new customers and keeping old customers outweigh the extra expenses of advertising during Prime Day. Performing well during the event can provide significant momentum for your business on Amazon.
Maximizing sales on Prime Day and continuing that success on Amazon afterward requires more than just being on the platform. You need a detailed advertising, content, logistics and business strategy. This isn’t easy to do and requires time, resources and Amazon expertise.
At Amify, we’re here to help with all your needs on Amazon. We offer our partners a variety of services, including:
- Warehousing and logistics
- Platform management
- Listing content and design
- Performance marketing
- Business strategy and analytics
- Amazon optimization technology
Having a team of experts by your side will ensure you not only get the most out of Prime Day, but also that you take full advantage of that momentum after the event. Get in touch with us at Amify. Together, we’ll formulate a strategy for long-term success on Amazon.