News & Insights
2019 US FBA Fulfillment Fee Changes
As we ring in the new year and halfheartedly follow through on our evolutionary resolutions that seem wildly different from years past, Amazon fulfillment fees come with great changes as well. Below you can find information to aid your decision making as it relates to your Amazon strategy provided to you by your favorite Amazon experts. Effective February 19, 2019, Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is introducing the following changes:
- Amazon will make no changes to fulfillment fees for small standard-size and large standard-size items with a shipping weight of 10 oz or less.
- Amazon will implement small increases in fulfillment fees for products in other size tiers to reflect fulfillment and transportation cost changes.
- Amazon will change the dimensional billing weight calculation for oversize items. Amazon will apply a minimum width and height of 2 inches when calculating dimensional weight for oversize items, to align with packaging costs.
- Amazon will introduce separate fulfillment fees for dangerous goods that contain flammable or pressurized aerosol substances and items that contain lithium-ion batteries.
- Amazon will simplify the Subscribe & Save fee structure starting in September 2019. You will be able to fund a flat discount of 5% or 10% for each new item you add to the program.
FBA fulfillment fees
To ensure that your brand can make the most informed decisions, we have supplied you with the adjusted fees below for your convenience. The following fees displayed in the chart take effect February 19, 2019.
Fees for FBA Prep Service will not change at this time.
Dangerous goods fees
Amazon will be introducing separate fulfillment fees for dangerous goods that contain flammable or pressurized aerosol substances and items containing lithium ion batteries.
Subscribe & Save
Another change that Amazon has rolled out is called ‘Subscribe & Save,’ which allows customers to sign up for recurring deliveries of items they frequently purchase. Amazon will simplify the Subscribe & Save fee structure starting in September 2019. You will be able to fund a flat discount of 5% or 10% for each new item you add to the program. The discount percentage option you choose will be applied to all subscriptions for that item. In addition, if a customer gets products from five or more subscriptions a month delivered to the same address, Amazon will give an additional 5% discount to the customer to help grow your sales.
In a marketplace where no two days are the same, change is inevitable and opportunity is yours! To get in contact with one of our Amazon experts today, fill out the form here, and let talk.